This grant supports the creation and presentation of new work across all art forms by individual artists and groups through a staged funding commitment over three years. It recognises the benefits that an extended development process can offer some arts projects.
The grant will support all stages of development and presentation, including creative and project development, research, making of work and presentation through creative development and final showings, exhibitions or premieres.
The project should lead to a major presentation of the work in South Australia. Projects which incorporate or create potential for national and international exposure are encouraged. Touring regionally, nationally and internationally is supported.
Final outcomes can be independently produced or can occur within arts and non-arts festivals and organisations.
To assist you with your application, read the Arts and Culture Grants Program General Guidelines before you apply.
|October 2021 Round|
|Grant amount||$120 000 ($40 000 per year/ 3 years)|
|Open date||6 September 2021|
|Closing date||5pm 11 October 2021|
|Notification date||17 December 2021|
|Funded activity commencement date||20 December 2021|
Who can apply:
- independent artists and groups working in all art forms.
Who is ineligible:
- funded organisations: small-to-medium organisations, major organisations
- organisations funded through the National Performing Arts Partnership Framework (NPAPF) formerly known as Major Performing Arts (MPA) Companies
- Statutory Authorities.
What you can apply for:
- commissioning fees
- creative fees (such as performers, composers, choreographers, designers, curators)
- producer fees
- technical personnel and production costs
- travel, living allowance
- marketing costs
- hire of studio, venue and equipment
- curatorial cost, catalogue essay writer’s fees, catalogue design and printing costs
- photography and documentation
- exhibition costs.
How to apply
Read How to Apply before you begin preparing your application.
There are four key elements to your application as listed below.
Click the ‘Apply Now’ button below to commence an application. Type/copy text into the provided fields.
Project Summary (up to 300 words)
Project Detail and Rationale (up to 1500 words)
Refer to the Assessment Criteria and include:
- objectives of your activity
- professional benefits.
Enter a short biography (up to 300 words) or upload a CV for each.
Project Plan and Timeline
Complete the table in the application form, providing detail for each year of the project, including:
- dates/stages of your activity (highlighting periods of funded activity)
- how and where you will undertake or deliver the activity
- who will be involved at each stage
- expected outcomes at each stage.
Upload letters of support (up to five) and confirmations to the application form. Combine documents where possible.
Upload Support Material to the application form.
Refer to How to Apply for information about Support Material.
Complete the consolidated budget template in the application form.
Upload a detailed budget which shows each year of activity and notes to budget (including quotes to support major expenses) to the application form.
Refer to How to Apply for information about application budgets.
Artform Area: Performing Arts
The Things That Matter
For more information or assistance contact ASAGrants@sa.gov.au