This grant supports collaboration between professional artists and communities to achieve inclusive artistic, cultural and social outcomes.
Project activity must be developed in consultation with the target community and designed to meet identified community needs, aspirations or intentions. Project proposals must incorporate and reference community and cultural development methodologies; engagement and creative process is the primary focus. A public outcome is not essential; the outcome may be building capacity within a community to engage further with arts and culture.
A ‘community’ may be defined by geographic location, cultural background, religious belief, gender, disability or any other common factor or shared experience.
Applications that explore social and cultural issues with regional South Australian communities, people with disability, young people, culturally-diverse communities, emerging communities, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and remote communities are encouraged.
To assist you with your application, read the Arts and Culture Grants Program General Guidelines before you apply.
|February 2021 Round||July 2021 Round||February 2022 Round|
|Grant amount||Up to $40 000||Up to $40 000||Up to $40 000|
|Open date||11 January 2021||17 May 2021||20 December 2021|
|Closing date||5pm 8 February 2021||5pm 2 July 2021||5pm 7 February 2022|
|Notification date||23 April 2021||3 September 2021||14 April 2022|
|Funded activity commencement date||30 April 2021||6 September 2021||18 April 2022|
Who can apply:
- independent arts and cultural organisations and groups
- funded organisations: small-to-medium organisations, major organisations.
Who is ineligible:
- Statutory Authorities
- organisations funded through the National Performing Arts Partnership Framework (NPAPF) formerly known as Major Performing Arts (MPA) Companies
- local government
- non-arts and cultural organisations.
Please note: Statutory Authorities, local government and non-arts and cultural organisations are encouraged to partner with eligible applicants. Partner organisations are required to make a cash or in-kind contribution to the funded activity.
What you can apply for:
- accommodation and per diems for South Australian artists, creatives and technical personnel
- commissioning fees
- freight and touring costs
- marketing costs
- project administration costs
- project documentation costs
- salaries and/or fees for South Australian artists, creatives and technical personnel
- venue and equipment hire.
How to apply
Read How to Apply before you begin preparing your application.
There are four key elements to your application as listed below.
Click the ‘Apply Now’ button below to commence an application. Type/copy text into the provided fields.
Project Summary (up to 300 words)
Project Detail and Rationale (up to 1500 words)
Refer to the Assessment Criteria and include:
- definition of the target community
- objectives of the project
- impact and benefits for the target community
- track record of delivering community arts and cultural development projects.
Enter a short biography (up to 300 words) or upload a CV for each.
Project Plan and Timeline
Complete the table in the application form, including:
- dates/stages of your activity (highlighting the period of funded activity)
- how and where you will undertake or deliver the activity
- who will be involved at each stage
- expected outcomes at each stage.
Upload letters of support (up to five) and confirmations to the application form. Combine documents where possible.
Upload Support Material to the application form.
Refer to How to Apply for information about Support Material.
Complete the consolidated budget template in the application form.
Upload a detailed budget and notes to budget (including quotes to support major expenses) to the application form.
Refer to How to Apply for information about application budgets.
|ActNow Theatre||ActNow Drag Troupe||$40,000.00|
|Connecting the Dots in Music||Lullabies of the Fleurieu||$38,840.00|
|Applicant||Project Title||Approved Amount|
|Tutti Arts||Laying Under the Stars Mural Project||$10,500.00|
|Urban Renewal Authority||Winds of Change||$15,000.00|
|Carclew Inc||ExpressWay Arts Skill Building Project||$32,295|
|ActNow Theatre Incorporated||
Community consultation, cultural leadership |
scoping & resource generation scoping
|AJZ Productions Inc.||True Ability - UnSeen||$20,000|
|No Strings Attached Theatre of Disability Incorporated||Open Homes Adelaide||$40,000|
|Connecting the Dots in Music||Lullaby Project Australia: Empowering families through music and community connection.||$40,000|
|Carclew||The Gig Rig||$40,000|
|The Art Bus||With one Voice: The Art Bus exploring homelessness through visual art at Hutt St Centre||$38,510|
For more information or assistance contact ASAGrants@sa.gov.au