The heart of government.
Making a difference so South Australia thrives.
Public sector values
The public sector values underpin everything we do and guide our behaviours. These are:
- Collaboration and Engagement
- Honesty and Integrity
- Courage and Tenacity
More information about these values is available on the Office of the Commissioner for Public Sector Employment website.
As the lead agency for the South Australian public sector, the department supports the Premier and Cabinet by developing policy and delivering programs to realise the government’s vision for South Australia.
- delivers specialist policy advice to the Premier
- enables Cabinet to be an effective decision-making body
- has overarching responsibility for Commonwealth-state and international diplomatic relations
- provides a single agency focus in delivering core functions for:
- promoting employment diversity
- multicultural affairs support and advice
- leading and developing the state’s strategic agenda across the arts, cultural and creative sector delivering funding, support, advice and coordination to the sector
- caring for the state’s collections, buildings and other assets within the arts, cultural and creative sector.
- leads whole of government reforms and initiatives to drive the Premier’s vision for South Australia
- drives key government initiatives which are of importance to the state at any time
- leads policy reform and delivers effective platforms for an across government strategic approach to communications, community engagement, cyber security, and digital technology and infrastructure.
Learn more about our responsibilities.
Our Annual Reports demonstrate the great scope of activities undertaken by the department in support of the government’s strategic priorities and key policy initiatives, while meeting our financial reporting requirements.