2019 Governor’s Multicultural Awards
In accordance with government directives on gatherings of more than 500 people, the ‘Annual Celebration of South Australia’s Cultural Diversity and the Presentation of the 2019 Governor’s Multicultural Awards’, scheduled for Tuesday 17 March 2020 at Government House, has been cancelled.
There are no current plans to reschedule the event.
Congratulations to the finalists of the 2019 Governor’s Multicultural Awards.
The Governor’s Multicultural Awards recognise and celebrate South Australians who promote multiculturalism and increase the understanding of the benefits of cultural diversity in our community.
The finalists for the 2019 Governor’s Multicultural Awards are:
- Mrs Dora Abbas
- Mr Ibrahim Ali
- Mr Mario Bianca
- Mrs Chye Yah Catherine Chong
- Miss Nibir Chowdhury
- Mr Renato Despoja
- Ms Carmen Garcia
- Mr Giuseppe Geracitano
- Mr Sayed Mansoor Hashimi
- Mrs Constance Jones
- Mr Stefan Landherr
- Ms Sue Panagaris
- Mr Mohammad Zubair Safi
- Ms Emily Tulloch
- Mr Alirio Zavarce
- Adelaide Festival Centre’s OzAsia Festival
- Flinders University
- Grandparents for Grandchildren
- Department of Human Services’ Interpreting and Translating Centre
- Migration Museum
- Radio Italiana 531
- South Australian National Football League
- TAFE SA
- The Bob Hawke Prime Ministerial Centre
The Governor’s Multicultural Awards are administered by the Department of the Premier and Cabinet through Multicultural Affairs. They are presented by His Excellency, the Honourable Hieu Van Le AC, Governor of South Australia, on the advice of an independent judging panel.
The award categories are:
- Outstanding individual achievement
- Arts and culture
- Community sector
- Private sector
- Public sector
- Senior volunteer
The winners will be announced in due course.
Winners of the 2018 Governor’s Multicultural Awards were announced at an award ceremony at Government House on Tuesday, 26 March 2019.
His Excellency the Honourable Hieu Van Le AC, Governor of South Australia, presented the awards at the event, held in celebration of South Australia’s cultural diversity.
Twelve award recipients were chosen from 24 finalists across nine award categories:
- Outstanding Individual Achievement Award: Dr Hamoudi Neshmi Aldyni
- Arts and Culture Award:Sanaa: A better world through creativity and Mr Abdullah Teia
- Community Sector Award: Kilburn Peace and Welcome Garden
- Media Award: Ms Sowaibah Hanifie
- Private Sector Award: Neni's Dental Group
- Public Sector Award: City of Adelaide – Participation and Inclusion Team
- Senior Volunteer Award: Mrs Saru Rana and Ms Monica Chiappe
- Volunteer Award: Mrs Anna Blazeka
- Youth Award: Mr Gabriel Akon and Miss Vinuri Gange.
You can read more about the achievements of the 2018 award recipients and finalists:
Previous Governor's Multicultural Awards
Established in 2008, the Governor’s Multicultural Awards have recognised and celebrated many South Australian individuals, organisations and communities since.
You can read more about the achievements of the previous award recipients: