Winners of the 2021 Governor’s Multicultural Awards were announced at a small ceremony at Government House on Thursday 10 March 2022.
Her Excellency the Honourable Frances Adamson AC, Governor of South Australia announced the winners, recognising the individuals, teams and organisations for their outstanding contribution to multiculturalism and intercultural understanding, and for promoting our culturally diverse state.
Ten award recipients were chosen from 23 finalists across nine award categories:
- Outstanding Individual Achievement Award: Mr George Chin
- Arts and Culture Award: Mr Farhan Shah
- Community Sector Award: Workskil Australia
- Media Award: Mrs Theodora Maios
- Private Sector Award: Aussie Discount Chemist Group and TWCM Cumberland Park Pharmacy
- Public Sector Award: Multicultural Services, Department for Child Protection
- Volunteer Award: Mr Esmatullah Ahmad Zadah and Ms Ayesha Fariha Safdar (joint winners)
- Senior Volunteer Award: Mrs Vjera Žuvela
- Youth Award: Miss Neela Siva
Learn more about the achievements of the 2021 award recipients.
Watch the ceremony
Follow @MulticulturalSA on Facebook, post about the 2021 Governor’s Multicultural Awards and tag #GovernorsMulticulturalAwards
Previous Governor's Multicultural Awards
Established in 2008, the Governor’s Multicultural Awards have recognised and celebrated many South Australian individuals, organisations and communities since.
You can read more about the achievements of the previous award recipients: