The Celebrate Together Grants provide one-off funding to eligible multicultural organisations to host festivals and events that celebrate cultural diversity.
There are two categories under the Celebrate Together Grants.
1. Large grants ($5,001-$30,000)
For festivals and events that will be delivered within 12 months from July 2023. Eligible applicants will need to meet matched funding requirements for large grants.
2. Small grants (up to $5,000)
Round 1: for events held between 1 July 2023 and 31 December 2023
Round 2: for events held between 1 January 2024 and 30 June 2024.
Who is eligible
An eligible organisation must:
- be non-government, not-for-profit and
- incorporated under the Associations Incorporation Act 1985, or
- an Australian Public Company Limited by Guarantee under the Corporations Act 2001, or
- a Statutory Authority established through an Act, or
- registered with the Australian Charities and Not-for-Profit Commission with a comparable legal status
- have a registered Australian Business Number (ABN)
- provide satisfactory evidence that their core purpose is to deliver initiatives, services or support for culturally and linguistically diverse communities in South Australia
- be South Australian based.
Multicultural Affairs will accept one application per eligible multicultural organisation per year, for each round of the Celebrate Together grants. Organisations with regional offices can submit one application per regional office.
Key multicultural service providers that are directly responsible for working with culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) communities can apply as a lead agency in partnership with one or more multicultural community organisations, up to two times per round.
Who isn't eligible
Individuals aren't eligible. An organisation is not eligible if they:
- are not a multicultural organisation
- have outstanding obligations for previously awarded grants
- are educational institutions or related representative bodies, e.g. schools and/or their parents’ associations, universities and for-profit childcare centres
- are applying on behalf of an individual
- are for-profit organisations or private companies
- are Commonwealth, state or local government department and agencies
- have been incorporated for less than one year
- are unincorporated Associations.
The Celebrate Together Grants 2023-24 will be awarded through two funding rounds.
|Opening date||Closing date|
|Large grants||1 February 2023||11pm on 31 March 2023|
|Small grants (round 1)||1 February 2023||11pm on 31 March 2023|
|Small grants (round 2)||1 August 2023||11pm on 30 September 2023|
How to apply
Before you start an application, please read:
2023-24 Celebrate Together round 1 funding guidelines (PDF, 452.2 KB)
Download the project plan template below to help plan your festival or event.
Project plan template (DOCX, 42.1 KB)
For more information
Contact the Multicultural Affairs grants team on 1300 239 468 or email MulticulturalAffairs@sa.gov.au.