The department provides leadership, coordination and guidance in pursuing South Australia’s interests and negotiating the best possible outcomes for South Australia in intergovernmental forums.
In particular, we provide strategic advice and support to the Premier and Cabinet on South Australia’s relations with the Commonwealth and other state and territory governments, including for meetings of the Council of Australian Governments and the Council for the Australian Federation.
Key areas of focus include:
- collaborating with the Commonwealth Government to ensure that funding flows for vital schooling, early childhood, health, skills and housing services in South Australia
- finalising and implementing a new framework for Closing the Gap
- negotiating and implementing a City Deal for Adelaide
- working with the Commonwealth and state and territory governments to improve population planning and management
- working cooperatively with the Commonwealth to achieve South Australia’s fair share of funding towards key infrastructure projects to promote economic growth in the state
- working closely with the Commonwealth Government to capitalise on the Commonwealth’s investment in the defence industry in South Australia
- working in good faith with the Commonwealth and relevant state governments to ensure the best possible outcomes for the Murray-Darling Basin river system
- collaborating with the City of Adelaide and improving outcomes for the city, including by providing support to the Capital City Committee.
(08) 8429 5037
If you are deaf, or have a hearing or speech impairment, please contact us through:
- National Relay Service (Speak and Listen): call 1300 555 727
- National Relay Service (TTY users): call 133 677
- Internet Relay users can connect to the National Relay Service.
If English is not your preferred language, please contact the Interpreting and Translating Centre on 1800 280 203 and ask to speak with the Department of the Premier and Cabinet. Please tell us if you would prefer to speak to an Aboriginal person.
Complaints and feedback
We understand that mistakes happen despite our best efforts - make a complaint or provide feedback.
Monday to Friday 8.45am – 5.00pm excluding public holidays
State Administration Centre
200 Victoria Square
Adelaide SA 5000
GPO Box 2343
Adelaide SA 5001