This grant supports individual artists, creatives and cultural leaders to undertake a sustained period of creative development that will strengthen and extend their professional practice and contribute to the arts and cultural ecology in South Australia.
Fellowships can include concept or process-based development and/or project activity, which may or may not have a public outcome.
Fellowships are available to emerging, mid-career and established South Australian artists and creatives, and to cultural leaders. Applicants with a strong track record of professional practice and recognised achievements are encouraged to apply.
To assist you with your application, read the Arts and Culture Grants Program General Guidelines before you apply.
|October 2022 Round|
|Grant amount||$50 000|
|Open date||5 September 2022|
|Closing date||5pm 10 October 2022|
|Notification date||16 December 2022|
|Funded activity commencement date||19 December 2022|
Who can apply
- Emerging, mid-career and established South Australian artists and creatives
- South Australian cultural leaders
Please note: Fellowship applicants must have been primarily based in South Australia for a minimum of three-years at the time of application and commit to being based primarily in South Australia for one year following the completion of the Fellowship.
Who is ineligible
- Employees of Statutory Authorities or government
- Groups and organisations
You can apply for:
- Artist, creative, professional fees
- Living allowance
- Materials (directly relating to the Fellowship opportunity)
- Hire of venue and equipment
- Creation of new work
- Research and development
- Skills development
- Professional development and training
This grant does not fund:
- Salary, wages or employee on-costs for applicants employed by funded organisations
How to apply
Read How to Apply before you begin preparing your application.
There are 4 key elements to your application as listed below.
Click the ‘Apply Now’ button below to commence an application. Type/copy text into the provided fields.
Project Summary (up to 300 words)
Project Detail and Rationale (up to 1500 words)
Refer to the Assessment Criteria and include:
- objectives of your activity
- professional benefits
- how outcomes and learnings will be shared for the benefit of the South Australian sector.
Enter a short biography (up to 300 words) or upload a CV for each.
Project Plan and Timeline
Complete the table in the application form, including:
- dates/stages of your activity (highlighting the period of funded activity)
- how and where you will undertake or deliver the activity
- who will be involved at each stage
- expected outcomes at each stage.
Upload letters of support (up to five) and confirmations to the application form. Combine documents where possible.
Upload Support Material to the application form.
Refer to How to Apply for information about Support Material.
Complete the consolidated budget template in the application form.
Upload a detailed budget and notes to budget (including quotes to support major expenses) to the application form.
Refer to How to Apply for information about application budgets.
The mysterious qualities of painting
A Year of Creative and Professional Consolidation
Creative development for new works and forms of presentation
The Radiophonic Orchestra
New Work for Icon 2022
Not Just a Shadow
Transmissions: Choreographing for Virtual Reality
For more information or assistance contact ASAGrants@sa.gov.au