This grant supports individual artists, creatives and cultural leaders to undertake a sustained period of creative development that will strengthen and extend their professional practice and contribute to the arts and cultural ecology in South Australia.
Fellowships are designed to support creative, process-based activity rather than a project/ outcome, although this does not preclude exploration of a project concept or an outcome being delivered as part of the Fellowship activity.
Fellowships are available to emerging, mid-career and established South Australian artists and creatives, and to cultural leaders. Applicants with a strong track record of professional practice and recognised achievements are encouraged to apply.
To assist you with your application, read the Arts and Culture Grants Program General Guidelines before you apply.
|October 2020 Round|
|Grant amount||$50 000|
|Open date||21 September 2020|
|Closing date||5pm 19 October 2020|
|Notification date||18 December 2020|
|Funded activity commencement date||1 January 2021|
Who can apply:
- emerging, mid-career and established South Australian artists and creatives
- South Australian cultural leaders.
Please note: Fellowship applicants must have been primarily based in South Australia for a minimum of three-years at the time of application and commit to being based primarily in South Australia for one year following the completion of the Fellowship.
Who is ineligible:
- employees of Statutory Authorities or government
- groups and organisations.
What you can apply for:
- artist, creative, professional fees
- living allowance
- materials (directly relating to the Fellowship opportunity)
- hire of venue and equipment
- creation of new work
- research and development
- skills development
- professional development and training
What this grant does not fund:
- salary, wages or employee on-costs for applicants employed by funded organisations.
How to apply
Read How to Apply before you begin preparing your application.
Key Application Information
There are four key elements to your application as listed below.
Upload one document to the Key Application Attachments section which includes the following:
Project Summary (up to 300 words, Arial 11pt)
Project Detail and Rationale (up to 1500 words, Arial 11pt)
Refer to the Assessment Criteria and include:
- objectives of your activity
- professional benefits
- how outcomes and learnings will be shared for the benefit of the South Australian sector.
- their role in the activity
- short biography (up to 300 words) or CV for each.
Project Plan and Timeline
Table format is recommended. Include detail of:
- dates/stages of your activity (highlighting the period of funded activity)
- how and where you will undertake or deliver the activity
- who will be involved at each stage
- expected outcomes at each stage.
Upload letters of support (up to five) and confirmations to the Key Application Attachments section. Combine documents where possible.
Upload materials to the Support Material section.
Refer to How to Apply for information about Support Material.
Use the online template to provide a consolidated budget.
Upload a detailed budget (if required) to the File Upload section of the template. Upload notes to budget (including quotes to support major expenses) to the File Upload section of the template.
Refer to How to Apply for information about application budgets.
For more information or assistance contact ASAGrants@sa.gov.au