The Cabinet committees are a forum for ministers to discuss significant cross portfolio issues, work through complex problems, and test options ahead of a proposal going to Cabinet. They are an adjunct to Cabinet and an important part of the Cabinet process, playing a key advisory role.
There are 6 Cabinet committees.
Four of these are portfolio based:
- Economic Growth Cabinet Committee
- Justice and Legislative Reform Cabinet Committee
- Infrastructure Cabinet Committee
- Social Affairs Cabinet Committee
Two committees have more specialised remits that may cut across multiple portfolio areas:
- Budget Cabinet Committee
- Emergency Management Council
Upcoming meeting dates can be viewed in the Cabinet, Cabinet Committee and Executive Council meetings document.