This bold and ambitious strategy sets out our plan for 2020 to 2025. It outlines the aspirations and deliverables for South Australia over five years and is designed to contribute to the success of broader South Australian government strategies.
Due to the interdependencies between technology, cyber and digital services, this strategy brings together these three domains to ensure we are focused on the right priorities, in close collaboration with agencies.
The strategy also highlights that services are delivered to SA’s businesses and community as a broad stakeholder group, as well as South Australian government agencies. It identifies our goals for five years, to 2025.
A status update on the achievements made against the strategy in 2022 and the priorities for 2023 are outlined in the following report.
As the thought leader and provider of many across government technology, cyber security and digital government services, we are working towards enabling South Australians to live and thrive in a digital world.
By embedding a co-design approach in everything we do, we will ensure the Government of South Australia's services are designed and built around the needs of businesses and the community.
We will provide leadership through strategy, partnership and action to ensure the Government of South Australia delivers smart, simple and secure services to businesses and the community.
We adopt the following guiding principles when creating new services, modernising existing services, and supporting agencies and the community:
- Smart services that make the best use of modern technology and resources.
- Simple services that are easy to use.
- Connected services that deliver better shared outcomes.
- Secure services that ensure trust, privacy and peace of mind.
South Australian government agencies are working collaboratively to accelerate the state’s economic recovery from COVID-19, and to ensure the state is an attractive place to live and do business, through leveraging existing assets, and building new ones.
We actively collaborate and partner with agencies to achieve positive outcomes for the state, including and not limited to, the following initiatives:
- Develop a more resilient and innovative cyber security industry centred in Adelaide’s innovation hub, Lot Fourteen, through the Australian Cyber Collaboration Centre (A3C).
- Address and reduce the cyber and digital skills gap by developing education, training and pathways through cyber security traineeships for government, development of cyber school curriculum, and other skills growth activities.
- As a major end user of ICT platforms, cyber security and digital government services, ensure industry is aware and engaged with government’s strategic direction.
- Improve online accessibility of government services for people living with disadvantage or a disability, in partnership with other agencies.
- Improve the state’s cyber security posture by implementing the South Australian Cyber Security Framework (SACSF) across government, and improve the industry’s awareness of the SACSF.