The Arts Organisations Program (AOP) provides funding to a diverse portfolio of small-to-medium organisations that contribute to a sustainable and thriving arts and cultural sector in South Australia and support the goals of the Arts and Culture Plan South Australia 2019-2024.
AOP funding enables arts organisations to:
- deliver arts experiences for South Australians as audiences through performances, exhibitions, and publications
- commission and develop new work, in collaboration with artists and other organisations
- create jobs, employment and income for artists, creatives, other arts workers (e.g. technical, administrative) and allied areas
- offer career pathways and development opportunities for artists
- offer access to the arts and participation opportunities for South Australians, including targeted communities
- build national and international profile
- leverage income from other sources, e.g. earned revenue (including touring and export), development and philanthropic income, other government (e.g. Federal) funding.
Purpose and Goals of the AOP
To support a thriving ecology for arts and culture, which empowers South Australia’s makers and creators, and enables arts and culture to enrich the lives of all South Australians.
The program contributes to an ecology that:
- enriches the lives of South Australians with arts and cultural experiences
- empowers our makers, creators and presenters
- champions Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander arts and culture
- amplifies the signature strengths that define the character of the arts in the state.
Organisations deliver the Purpose and Goals of the AOP through one or more of the following key focus areas:
- artistic development (creating and presenting artistic outcomes of the highest calibre with vision and imagination)
- sector development (industry-wide initiatives, arts advocacy and supporting artists’ careers)
- access to the arts for the broader South Australian community (opportunities for audiences, community engagement and participation)
- national and international leadership and profile.
AOP funding is designed to support organisations at different stages of their development by offering three categories of funding.
Organisations currently in receipt of Interim Arts Organisations Program, with terms expiring at 31 December 2022 will be able to apply for the following categories for funding for 2023 onwards:
- Annual Funding (Up to $100 000)
- Multi-Year Funding ($70 000 to $400 000 per annum)
In 2022, a new category of Program Support (up to $50 000 per annum) is being offered.
Organisations that meet the eligibility criteria, and have been identified through a peer led process, will be invited to apply in 2022 for funding for 2023. See guidelines for details.
Information on the program including Eligibility, Assessment Criteria, Application and Reporting Requirements can be found in the Arts Organisations Program Guidelines (PDF, 820 KB).
Key Program Dates
Application and Assessment Timeline
Monday 11 April
Monday 13 June
Friday 14 October
1 January 2023
New funding terms commence
For further information please email: ASAGrants@sa.gov.au