Through Arts South Australia, the department will continue to support initiatives that enable bold exploration and innovation, contributing to a sustainable ecosystem for artistic enterprise.
A review of Arts South Australia’s existing grant programs was made in response to Objective 2 of Arts & Culture Plan South Australia 2019-2024.
Applications are now open for contestable investment in the sector.
Key highlights of the revised program include:
- amalgamation of former programs under one umbrella, with a dual focus on project and development activity
- the ongoing allocation of the state government’s $1 million Investing in the Arts election commitment, which will support the introduction of new funding categories such as Touring Support
- Collaboration Grants which build on the pilot program initiated as part of Arts South Australia’s COVID-19 Support Package delivered earlier in 2020
- an expansion of Fellowships to include development opportunities for cultural leaders as well as professional practicing artists
- continuation of dedicated funding opportunities for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander arts and culture and Deaf and disability arts.
Noting that COVID-19 circumstances will require grant applicants to take an adaptive approach to activity applied for across the program, flexibility has been built into particular categories where previously supported activity cannot occur. These include Touring Support and Market Development categories.
Arts South Australia’s commitment to peer assessed funding outcomes remains unchanged, in line with national best practice.
Applications for the August 2020 round of the Arts and Culture Grants Program are now open and close on 26 August 2020, for funded activity commencing from 11 October 2020.
The following categories will be on offer:
- Grants for individuals, groups and organisations - Professional Development
- Grants for individuals, groups and organisations - Market Development
- Grants for individuals, groups and organisations - Independent Artists and Groups
- Grants for individuals, groups and organisations - Major Commission - Public Art and Design.
Learn more from the Arts and Culture Grants Program page.