This grant supports the development and presentation of projects across all art forms by professional practicing artists who are deaf or identify a person with disability.
To assist you with your application, read the Arts and Culture Grants Program General Guidelines before you apply.
|May 2023 round (annual round)|
|Grant amount||Up to $10,000|
|Open date||5 April 2023|
|Closing date||15 May 2023 at 5pm|
|Notification date||30 June 2023|
|Funded activity commencement date||17 July 2023|
Who can apply
- Individual artists who are Deaf or identify as a person with disability.
- Individual arts and cultural workers who are Deaf or identify as a person with disability.
- Arts and cultural organisations may submit and/or auspice grants on behalf of artists and arts and cultural workers who are deaf or identify as a person with disability.
We use the definition of disability included in the Disability Discrimination Act 1992.
Who is ineligible
- Groups and organisations (unless auspicing artists and arts and cultural workers who are deaf or identify as having a disability).
- Individuals who are not deaf or do not identify as a person with disability.
You can apply for:
- creative fees (such as performers, composers, choreographers, designers, etc.)
- technical personnel and production costs
- travel, living allowance
- marketing costs
- hire of studio, venue and equipment
- curatorial cost, catalogue essay writer’s fees, catalogue design and printing costs
- photography and documentation
- exhibition costs
- small scale, independent film projects
- auspicing fees.
How to apply
Read How to Apply before you begin preparing your application.
Disability led organisation, Access2Arts, can assist individual applicants in writing an application. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
We can pay your grant to an organisation that will manage the funds on your behalf. This is called auspicing. The auspicing organisation can pay costs on your behalf and assist with the financial reporting required in your grant acquittal.
If you intend to have your grant auspiced, you must include a letter of confirmation from the auspicing organisation and include the auspicing fee in your budget.
There are 4 key elements to your application as listed below.
Click the ‘Apply Now’ button below to commence an application. Type/copy text into the provided fields.
Project Description (up to 1000 words)
Refer to the Assessment Criteria and include:
- who is involved
- when will it happen
- how long will it take
- what you hope to achieve.
Enter a short biography (up to 300 words) or upload a CV for each.
Upload letters of support (up to five) and confirmations to the application form. Combine documents where possible.
Upload Support Material to the application form.
Refer to How to Apply for information about Support Material.
Complete the consolidated budget template in the application form.
Upload a detailed budget and notes to budget (including quotes to support major expenses) to the application form.
Refer to How to Apply for information about application budgets.
For more information or assistance contact ASAGrants@sa.gov.au