The Arts and Culture Plan South Australia 2019-2024 aims to guide the growth of and investment in the state’s leadership in the arts and cultural sector.
- To promote the role of arts and culture in enriching the lives of all South Australians.
- To empower South Australia’s makers and creators.
- To champion Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander arts and culture.
- To amplify South Australia’s signature strengths that define the character of the arts in the state.
- To enhance the physical and organisational arts and culture infrastructure in South Australia.
- To drive a connected approach to advocacy and future government investment in arts and culture.
- Visionary leadership – leadership for the arts and culture sector to be delivered with strong advocacy and sound investment.
- Strategic collaboration – between artists, organisations and industries, and with communities and governments to optimise resources and amplify strengths.
- Embracing diversity – promoting inclusion and encouraging new voices and approaches across all demographics.
- Courageous experimentation – open to new ways of working, entrepreneurial thinking, and harnessing digital transformation and future technologies.