South Australia has always been home to Aboriginal people and today it is also home to people from more than 200 culturally, linguistically and religiously diverse backgrounds.
To celebrate the diversity of our people and the valuable contribution that they make to our state, the Department of the Premier and Cabinet, in partnership with Adelaide Sports and Entertainment Management (ASEM) and Seven, produced Our Home, a 30-minute documentary featuring 10 inspiring South Australians:
- Jack Buckskin, Kaurna Language Teacher and Cultural Educator
- Gavin Wanganeen, Former AFL Footballer and Indigenous Artist
- Razak Mohammed and Joff Chappel, Founders, Miss Gladys Sym Choon
- His Excellency the Hon Hieu Van Le AC, Governor of South Australia
- Farida and Zelmai Ayubi, Owners, Parwana Afghan Kitchen
- Durkhanai Ayubi, Co-Owner, Kutchi Deli Parwana
- Dr Hamoudi Aldyni, General Practitioner, Mannum Medical Centre
- Flavia Tata Nardini, CEO and Co-Founder, Fleet Space Technologies.
Hosted by Rosanna Mangiarelli, the documentary aired on Sunday 9 February 2020 at 5pm on Channel 7.
Our Home reflects the state government’s commitment to continuing to enrich South Australia’s wonderfully diverse community and invest in projects that foster greater engagement, build social harmony, expand economic capacity and celebrate the unique riches of our culturally diverse state.
Hear from Luis Arriola, Chairman of the Kilburn Peace and Welcome Garden, who migrated to Australia from Mexico.