Hon David Speirs MP is the Cabinet Secretary. In this role, he assists the Premier to maintain rigorous Cabinet processes and ensure the Cabinet agenda is focused on delivering the government’s commitments and priorities. This includes managing the procedural and operational matters of Cabinet.
The Cabinet Secretary is responsible for:
- managing Cabinet’s strategic discussion forward agenda (Thursday Cabinet)
- approving the addition of items to the Cabinet forward agenda at the request of ministers
- referring submissions to Cabinet committees as part of the Cabinet forward agenda approval process
- approving late items for Cabinet at the request of ministers
- approving requests for ministerial absence from Cabinet and Executive Council
- noting Cabinet activity data.
Cabinet Office provide secretariat support to the Cabinet Secretary in fulfilling these functions.
The Cabinet Secretary can be emailed via CabinetSecretary@sa.gov.au.