Applications requesting access to documents must be made in writing and can take 30 days to process. You may choose to write your own letter of request, or download the FOI application form below.
In making an application, ensure you:
- specify that the application is made under the Freedom of Information Act 1991
- include a $36.75 application fee (exemptions apply for Members of Parliament and pensioners or health card holders)
- specify an address in Australia to which information can be sent
- clearly identify the documents being sought or the matter to which they pertain
- specify whether the documents contain information of a personal nature
- specify the desired type of access to the document, such as inspection of the document at an arranged location or having a copy made.