Congratulations to all of the 2019 winners and finalists for their outstanding efforts to promote multiculturalism and increase understanding of the benefits of cultural diversity in our community!
His Excellency the Honourable Hieu Van Le AC, Governor of South Australia, announced the winners of the 2019 Governor’s Multicultural Awards on Wednesday 20 May 2020.
The Governor’s Multicultural Awards recognise individuals and organisations who have made an outstanding contribution to multiculturalism in South Australia.
Congratulations to the 11 deserving award winners:
- Outstanding Individual Achievement Award: Mrs Chye Yah Catherine Chong and Ms Carmen Garcia (joint winners)
- Arts and Culture Award: Adelaide Festival Centre’s OzAsia Festival
- Community Sector Award: Mrs Constance Jones and The Bob Hawke Prime Ministerial Centre (joint winners)
- Media Award: Radio Italiana 531
- Private Sector Award: South Australian National Football League
- Public Sector Award: The History Trust of SA’s Migration Museum
- Senior Volunteer Award: Mrs Dora Abbas
- Volunteer Award: Mr Giuseppe Geracitano
- Youth Award: Miss Nibir Chowdhury
You can learn more about the achievements of the finalists and award recipients on the Governor’s Multicultural Awards page.