Our Intergovernmental Relations team works to achieve healthy, safe and economically secure communities in South Australia by directly and indirectly influencing and negotiating national policy and funding priorities.
The team provides leadership, coordination and guidance in pursuing South Australia’s interests and negotiating the best possible outcomes for South Australia in intergovernmental forums.
In particular, the team gives strategic advice and support to the Premier and Cabinet on South Australia’s relations with the Commonwealth and other state and territory governments, including for meetings of the Council of Australian Governments and the Council for the Australian Federation.
Key areas of focus in 2018 include:
- collaborating with the Commonwealth government to ensure that funding flows for vital skills, schooling, early childhood, health and housing services in South Australia
- working cooperatively with the Commonwealth to achieve South Australia’s fair share of funding towards key infrastructure projects to promote economic growth in the state
- partnering with the Commonwealth government to prioritise energy reliability and affordability for South Australia and the nation
- working closely with the Commonwealth government to capitalise on the Commonwealth’s investment in the defence industry in South Australia
- working in good faith with the Commonwealth and relevant state governments to ensure the best possible outcomes for the Murray-Darling Basin river system
- protecting the interests of South Australians in advocating for no changes to the distribution of GST.
Any enquiries regarding Intergovernmental Relations can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org