Alongside legislation, regulation and taxation, communication is one of the four main levers of policy delivery. Communications seeks to understand, inform, create dialogue with, and influence the citizen, so that trust, respect and confidence are built; policy and service development is better informed; outcomes are more consistently delivered; and a stronger society is built.
South Australian Government Communications Plan
The South Australian Government Communications Plan 2017-18 coordinates across government communications and marketing activities within five key priority areas:
- Transforming our economy
- Building safer, healthier communities
- Creating a fair and just society
- Reforming government
- Standing up for South Australia.
The plan outlines trends affecting local media consumption and lists key communication initiatives by agency for 2017-18.
Download the South Australian Government Communications Plan 2017-18 (PDF, 4MB)
Guidelines, policies and templates
To ensure the community are effectively engaged on government policies and initiatives, all marketing communications activities must comply with relevant government guidelines, policies and approval processes.
Communications and Marketing
- Marketing Communications Guidelines
- Recruitment Advertising Policy and Guidelines
- DPC Circular 026: Interstate and International Recruitment Advertising
- Sponsorship Guidelines
- DPC Circular 023 : Private Sector Endorsements on Government Publications
- DPC Circular 009: The Master Media Scheme
- Communications Plan Template
- Social Media Strategy Template
- Campaign Evaluation Report Template
- Government of South Australia Branding Guidelines
- DPC Circular 025: Common Branding Policy for the Government of South Australia
- Brand South Australia Policy
- FAQs on Common Branding
- Brand South Australia Guidelines
- Brand South Australia Snapshot Guidelines
For access to GOSA and Brand South Australia logos and artwork, please see your Director of Communications.
Government marketing communications expenditure
Refer to the Whole of Government Marketing Communications Expenditure page.
For media enquiries:
Phone: +61 0407 743 068