The Department of the Premier and Cabinet, through Veterans SA, provides support to South Australia’s veterans, working closely with the Veterans’ Advisory Council to provide advice to the Premier about matters relating to the veteran community.
The veteran community in South Australia includes:
- veterans and their partners, families and carers
- ex-service organisations
- Australian Defence Force personnel
- war widows and widowers
- students, teachers and historians.
Veterans SA is also responsible for:
- promoting the wellbeing of all members of the veteran community in South Australia
- encouraging co-operation across all ex-service organisations in South Australia
- providing a forum for the veteran community to communicate directly to the highest levels of state government through the Premier
- monitoring and providing advice about matters relating to recognition and commemoration of the service of veterans.
The principles that outline service delivery are detailed in South Australia’s Charter for Veterans.
Find out more about the Veterans' Advisory Council.
The Veterans SA website contains articles and stories of a historical nature as well as information and alerts for the veteran community in the areas of employment, forthcoming events, health and well-being and more.