Pictured (courtesy of GovHack), GovHack winners, left-right: Rama Yudo Wirawan, Donna Safiera - Team Hosico Cat; Wendy Shyu, Chang Wen-Hsin, Tang Gao-Ming – Aquavo; Jesse Bugden - Rufus! (From accounting...); Sravan Kumar Rayarapu - SA State Operations Team; Shubham Gupta – VisuaLink; Alison Do - SA State Operations Team.
GovHack is a free open data competition held over 46 hours where individuals and teams create a project page, a proof of concept and a video telling the story of how government data can be re-used to solve a community problem.
This year, South Australian GovHack teams won several awards at the international and national levels, including:
- Spirit of GovHack International Award and Spirit of GovHack Australian Award – Jordan Hutchins, Mount Gambier
- Public Transport for the Future - Are you really going to drive tomorrow? by Rufus! (from accounting …), Adelaide, South Australia
- Increased participation in Plastic Free July - PlistoPlastic by Team Hosico Cat, Adelaide, South Australia
- Training AI models to deliver better human outcomes - Are you really going to drive tomorrow? by Rufus! (from accounting …), Adelaide, South Australia
- TM-Link Data Discovery - VisuaLink by VisuaLink, Adelaide, South Australia
- Unearth references to Indigenous agricultural practises by searching archival records - The Digging Stick by Three’s Not A Crowd, Mount Gambier, South Australia.
Congratulations also goes to our state winners, team Exposito for their project, NICI, which won three awards, including the Investing in Regions and Showcasing our Regions awards which are sponsored by the Department of the Premier and Cabinet.