The Richard Llewellyn Deaf and Disability Arts program supports projects and initiatives by South Australian practising professional Deaf and disabled artists.
Individual artists, organisations and groups can apply where Deaf and disabled artists are the project initiators and primary beneficiaries of the funding.
- Emerging grants for skills development of practising professional artists in the first five years of their practice
- Grants for Individual practising professional Deaf and disabled artists for the development and/or presentation of arts projects
- Organisation or group grants are available for projects where professional practising Deaf and disabled artists are the initiators and primary beneficiaries of the project
- Access grants to support increased access to arts and cultural activity for South Australians with disability (applications received throughout the financial year).
The South Australian Government is committed to working with the sector to navigate the COVID-19 public health emergency.
In light of this, individuals and organisations should reflect current public health guidelines in their proposals around travel, social distancing etc.
Applications which propose new ways of working (for example, through the use technology) are encouraged. For this round, applications may include costs to update or improve technology and equipment, or engage experts in the digital realm, if this is relevant to your practice.
Organisations should apply for activity which best meets their business needs under the current circumstances.
Applications need not be outcome based.
|Open date||23 March 2020|
|Closing date||5pm, 4 May 2020|
|Notification date||22 June 2020|
|Funded activity commencement date||1 July 2020|
|Grant amount||Access up to $10,000|
|Open date||Applications received throughout the financial year – talk to an Arts South Australia grants officer|
|Closing date||Applications received throughout the financial year|
|Notification date||On application approval|
|Funded activity commencement date||As above|
* Please note our funding programs are currently under review as part of the Arts and Culture Plan South Australia 2019-2024 to ensure they support contemporary practice and are responsive to sector needs. Some grant rounds for 2020 have been scheduled with similar frequency to previous years. Other rounds and closing dates are yet to be determined. We expect to be able to provide further details from mid-May 2020.
Find out more about the Arts and Culture Plan South Australia 2019-2024.
The handbook below details eligibility criteria, eligible costs and expenses and how to apply.
|Heath Britton||Moon Unit: mobile collaborative art space||$10,000|
|Kristen Lawler||The A to Z of Modern Madness||$8,650|
|Michael Retter||Clair de Lune||$10,000|
|Chrissie Page||The Gift Podcast||$9,451|
|Jacek Limanowka||Studies for Meditations No 1||$2,440|
|The Sisters of Invention||Cabaret Festival 2020||$25,000|
|Restless Dance Theatre||Seeing Through Darkness||$25,000|
|Art Gallery of South Australia||Accessible Audio Guide||$25,000|
|Tutti Inc||Speed of Light||$25,000|
|Feast Festival||2019 Opening Night Party||$5,792|
For more information about this grant or support with the application process, please contact us.