This grant supports the creative development, production and presentation of new work. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander individual artists and arts and cultural workers, groups and arts and cultural organisations can apply for projects across all art forms.
Read the Arts and Culture Grants Program General Guidelines before you apply to help you with your application.
|February 2021||July 2021 Round||October 2021 Round||February 2022 Round|
|Grant amount||Up to $25 000||Up to $25 000||Up to $25 000||Up to $25 000|
|Open date||11 January 2021||17 May 2021||6 September 2021||20 December 2021|
|Closing date||5pm 8 February 2021||5pm 2 July 2021||5pm 11 October 2021||5pm 7 February 2022|
|Notification date||23 April 2021||3 September 2021||17 December 2021||14 April 2022|
|Funded activity commencement date||30 April 2021||6 September 2021||20 December 2021||18 April 2022|
Who can apply:
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander individual artists, groups, arts and cultural organisations
- non-Aboriginal led organisations that support Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander artists, culture and practice may apply and will need to demonstrate and reference that appropriate consultation and protocols are in place
- funded organisations: small-to-medium organisations, major organisations and Statutory Authorities
- organisations funded through the National Performing Arts Partnership Framework (NPAPF) formerly known as Major Performing Arts (MPA) Companies
- arts and cultural organisations and Aboriginal arts centres may submit and/or auspice grants on behalf of individual Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander artists and arts and cultural workers.
Who is ineligible:
- non-Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander individuals.
What you can apply for:
- creative development and/or production or making of work, including research and planning
- exhibitions and touring costs regionally, nationally and internationally
- presentation opportunities to enhance your profile locally, nationally and internationally
- performance opportunities
- research projects.
What this category funds:
- commissioning fees
- creative fees (such as performers, composers, choreographers, designers, producers, curators etc.)
- technical personnel and production costs
- travel, living allowance
- marketing costs
- hire of studio, venue and equipment
- curatorial collateral, catalogue essay writer’s fees, catalogue design and printing costs
- documentation (e.g. photography and videography)
- exhibition costs.
How to apply
Read the How to Apply guidelines before you begin preparing your application.
There are four key elements to your application as listed below.
Click the ‘Apply Now’ button below to commence an application. Type/copy text into the provided fields.
Project Summary (up to 300 words)
Project Detail and Rationale (up to 1500 words)
Refer to the Assessment Criteria and include:
- objectives of your activity
- professional benefits.
Enter a short biography (up to 300 words) or upload a CV for each.
Project Plan and Timeline
Complete the table in the application form, including:
- dates/stages of your activity (highlighting the period of funded activity)
- how and where you will undertake or deliver the activity
- who will be involved at each stage
- expected outcomes at each stage.
Upload letters of support (up to five) and confirmations to the application form. Combine documents where possible.
Upload Support Material to the application form.
Refer to How to Apply for information about Support Material.
Complete the consolidated budget template in the application form.
Upload a detailed budget and notes to budget (including quotes to support major expenses) to the application form.
Refer to How to Apply for information about application budgets.
|SA Circus Centre home of Cirkidz||First Nations Facilitators for First Nations Kids||$22,930|
|ActNow Theatre||First Nations Arts Pathway Program||$24,995|
|OzAsia Festival||First Nations Connections at OzAsia Festival||$24,940|
|Jelina Haines||Pondi [Murray Cod]: Kurri [River] Winth-amaldi [Creator]||$25,000|
|Adelaide Festival Centre||Our Words, Our Stories 2021||$25,000|
First Nations Choreographic Lab
Ernabella Arts Inc
Parari (far away)
APY Art Centre Collective
APY Regional Painting Camps
ActNow Theatre Inc.
First Nations Writers Residency and Development Program
SA First Nations Writers' Professional Pathways
For more information or assistance contact ASAGrants@sa.gov.au