This grant supports professional development opportunities for individual Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander artists and arts workers to undertake skills development and training that is relevant to their arts practice or professional practice as an arts or cultural worker.
To assist you with your application, read the Arts and Culture Grants Program General Guidelines before you apply.
|February 2021 Round||July 2021 Round||October 2021 Round||February 2022 Round|
|Grant amount||Up to $10 000||Up to $10 000||Up to $10 000||Up to $10 000|
|Open date||11 January 2021||17 May 2021||6 September 2021||20 December 2021|
|Closing date||5pm 8 February 2021||5pm 2 July 2021||5pm 11 October 2021||5pm 7 February 2022|
|Notification date||23 April 2021||3 September 2021||17 December 2021||14 April 2022|
|Funded activity commencement date||30 April 2021||6 September 2021||20 December 2021||18 April 2022|
Who can apply:
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander artists (individuals)
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander arts and cultural workers (individuals)
- arts and cultural organisations and Aboriginal arts centres may submit and/or auspice grants on behalf of individual Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander artists and arts and cultural workers.
Who is ineligible:
- groups and organisations (unless auspicing individual artists and/or arts and cultural workers)
- non-Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander individuals.
What you can apply for:
- short courses, including arts-related business courses
- work placement
- attendance at conferences
- arts residencies
- attachment to festivals or arts organisations, internships.
What this category funds:
- artists’ fees
- conference/workshop/masterclass fees
- travel, accommodation, living allowance
- mentoring fees
- materials (directly related to the development opportunity)
- hire of studio, venue, equipment
- short course fees.
How to apply:
Read How to Apply before you begin preparing your application.
There are four key elements to your application as listed below.
Click the ‘Apply Now’ button below to commence an application. Type/copy text into the provided fields.
Project Summary (up to 300 words)
Project Detail and Rationale (up to 1000 words)
Refer to the Assessment Criteria and include:
- objectives of your activity
- professional benefits.
Enter a short biography (up to 300 words) or upload a CV for each.
Project Plan and Timeline
Complete the table in the application form, including:
- dates/stages of your activity (highlighting the period of funded activity)
- how and where you will undertake or deliver the activity
- who will be involved at each stage
- expected outcomes at each stage.
Upload letters of support (up to five) and confirmations to the application form. Combine documents where possible.
Upload Support Material to the application form.
Refer to How to Apply for information about Support Material.
Complete the consolidated budget template in the application form.
Upload a detailed budget and notes to budget (including quotes to support major expenses) to the application form.
Refer to How to Apply for information about application budgets.