Completed actions include the delivery of the Aboriginal Education Strategy 2019-2029 and the appointment of a Commissioner for Aboriginal Children and Young People.
Actions reported to be on track include:
- Building and operating Tika Tirka Remote Student Housing, a new 20-bed facility in the Adelaide CBD
- Delivering the Prison to Work Action Plan to create positive transitions from prison to break the cycle of re-offending
- Working with the Narungga Nation to deliver the commitments of the Buthera Agreement
- Developing an Aboriginal Business Strategy, an Aboriginal Rural Health Workforce Strategy, an Aboriginal Arts Strategy and an Aboriginal Housing Strategy
- Increasing the proportion of Aboriginal people working in South Australia Police to 2%
- Rolling out One Stop Screening Shops for multiple cancer screening and chronic disease testing.
Ultimately, the South Australian Government’s Aboriginal Affairs Action Plan 2019-2020 aims to:
- Create opportunities for Aboriginal jobs and businesses
- Improve the quality and the delivery of services to Aboriginal South Australians
- Build strong and capable Aboriginal communities.
To find out more about the action plan and the progress of other initiatives, view the Action Plan page.