This new documentary celebrates the diversity of our people and the valuable contribution that they make to our state.
Produced by the Department of the Premier and Cabinet in partnership with Adelaide Sports and Entertainment Management (ASEM) and Seven, Our Home will air on Channel 7 on Sunday 9 February 2020 at 5pm. View the trailer.
Our state has always been home to Aboriginal people and today South Australia is also home to people from more than 200 culturally, linguistically and religiously diverse backgrounds.
The 30-minute documentary is hosted by Rosanna Mangiarelli and features 10 inspiring South Australians :
- Jack Buckskin, Kaurna Language Teacher and Cultural Educator
- Gavin Wanganeen, Former AFL Footballer and Indigenous Artist
- Razak Mohammed and Joff Chappel, Founders, Miss Gladys Sym Choon
- His Excellency the Hon Hieu Van Le AC, Governor of South Australia
- Farida and Zelmai Ayubi, Owners, Parwana Afghan Kitchen
- Durkhanai Ayubi, Co-Owner, Kutchi Deli Parwana
- Dr Hamoudi Aldyni, General Practitioner, Mannum Medical Centre
- Flavia Tata Nardini, CEO and Co-Founder, Fleet Space Technologies.
Our Home reflects the state government’s commitment to continuing to enrich South Australia’s wonderfully diverse community and invest in projects that foster greater engagement, build social harmony, expand economic capacity and celebrate the unique riches of our culturally diverse state.
You can watch Our Home on Channel 7 or on catch up at www.7plus.com.au/our-home
After viewing the documentary, we also invite you to share your thoughts in a short 3-minute survey.