The Aboriginal Engagement Reform is committed to enhancing relationships between the South Australian Government and the Aboriginal community of South Australia.
Dr Roger Thomas, Commissioner for Aboriginal Engagement, will seek the views of the wider South Australian Aboriginal community about a recommended engagement model for South Australia.
The model seeks to:
- improve government engagement with Aboriginal people
- ensure the views of Aboriginal people are represented in government decision making
- make recommendations regarding improved partnerships between government and the Aboriginal community of South Australia.
An engagement body will be established that:
- contributes to state policy debate by influencing policy and laws affecting Aboriginal South Australians
- makes recommendations to government on issues and barriers raised by Aboriginal people or identified by the body
- makes recommendations to agencies on policy and programs that impact Aboriginal people
- continues the ongoing relationship with strategic Cabinet meetings.
Further information about the recommended engagement model is available below.
Have your say
Forms are available for Aboriginal South Australians to share their views with the Commissioner by 25 October 2019.
Once the Commissioner has sought the views of the Aboriginal community, a report will be presented to the Premier for Cabinet.
For more details about the Commissioner’s consultation visits across the state, contact his office.
Free call 1800 931 733
Mail GPO Box 320 Adelaide SA 5001
Fax (08) 8226 8999
*Artwork by Karen Briggs