The Office for the Public Sector is an independent business unit within the Department of the Premier and Cabinet.
Their principal role is to ensure the South Australian public sector is managed in a way that:
- upholds the values and principles of ethical behaviour
- fosters excellence in governance, leadership and collaboration
- has a performance culture that is agile in meeting the needs of our changing society.
The Office brings together a number of central functions, including the statutory responsibilities of the Commissioner for Public Sector Employment, Erma Ranieri.
They take the lead on public sector reform and innovation, human resource policy development and advice, enterprise bargaining and industrial relations matters, injury management services, health and safety strategies, and leadership development initiatives.
Key projects in 2016/2017
Key projects for this financial year include:
- Change@SouthAustralia – leading 90 day projects and 30 day innovation challenges that solve complex, cross sector and across government problems
- ‘One HR for One Government’ – implementing a new HR model for the public sector to improve the performance of our people and drive leadership excellence
- lead negotiation of major enterprise agreements, manage public sector industrial dispute notifications and employment related litigation
- support the statutory role of the Commissioner for Public Sector Employment through determinations and guidelines and standardisation of employment arrangements and conditions
- recruit 800 trainees and graduates by March 2018, to deliver on the Modern Public Sector Policy commitment through the Jobs4Youth Program.
Learn more about the Office of the Public Sector - their strategic priorities, policies, latest initiatives and upcoming events - by visiting the Office for the Public Sector website.
Office for the Public Sector
Department of the Premier and Cabinet
Phone: (08) 8226 2700