The Department of the Premier and Cabinet provides central agency leadership in responding to issues that affect South Australia’s future prosperity.
We work collaboratively with other government departments to ensure a whole-of-government approach is taken in achieving the Premier’s vision for South Australia, as a place where people and business thrive.
Our staff work across a number of business areas, including the provision of economic and policy advice in support of the government’s priorities, and maximising the outcomes from the state’s international and commercial relationships.
In addition, we provide:
- policy development in collaboration with other agencies
- the government’s digital strategy, innovation and investment
- the delivery of government services and information through the Service SA network
- public sector management and reform initiatives together with the Office for the Public Sector
- corporate and financial services for all government departments through Shared Services SA
- whole-of-government communications
- strategic engagement initiatives that involve the community in the government’s decision-making process.
As the chief agency for the Premier, we have a significant role to play in promoting Aboriginal Reconciliation and employment diversity. We are also a White Ribbon Accredited Workplace.
- Download: DPC Organisational Chart (163.1 KB PDF)